Did you know that your Alcatel OT-995 is capable of running a much newer
version of Android?
There is a lot written on the internet on how to upgrade your Alcatel OT-995 mobile phone to
Android 4.0.4 ICS but none of the guides is complete neither easy to follow for the basic PC
We decided to put all things together including a step by step instructions and links to all
necessary files to upgrade your OT-995 phone.
The first thing before you root or upgrade your OT-995 phone is to make sure you have the correct driver for your Alcatel OT-
995 installed on your PC. The easiest way to do this is to go to Alcatels official website and download the latest Android
After you have done the above, you can proceed to the actual update of your Alcatel OT-995.
To upgrade your Alcatel OT-995 to Android 4.0.4 ICS we suggest you first download all necessary files and applications:
We can not provide direct download links so please follow the instructions on the left.
Now we assume that you have a rooted Alcatel OT-995 smartphone running a stock version of Android and you
have the above files downloaded to your PC.
1. Uzip OT995_4.0.4-FR on your desktop
2. Copy the entire "OT995_4.0.4-FR" folder you just extracted / unzipped to the following location of your Alcatel OT-995 SD
card - "clockworkmod/backup/" - if you don't have such folder/s, you can create them manually - right click new folder.
Once again, you have to copy OT995_4.0.4-FR folder to OT-995 SDS card/clockworkmod/backup/ - make sure you copy it
into the backup directory.
3. Turn your Alcatel OT-995 off.
4. Unzip OT995_CWM to your desktop, open it and run "Install Or Boot CWM-Recovery.bat"
It will ask you if you want to "boot" or "flash", type boot and press enter. You shall see "waiting for device".
5. Boot your Alcatel OT-995 into bootloader - hold volume down while pressing the power (see readme.txt form more
6. Connect your OT-995 phone to your PC via USB
7. You should be able to see a CWM based recovery screen on your phone, using your OT-995 volume up and down keys,
navigate to "backup and restore" and select it by pressing the power button at the top of your Alcatel phone.
8. It is strongly recommended to create a backup of your current operating system so your first option should be to choose
9. After you have backed up your Alcatel OT-995, go to "backup and restore" and select restore, navigate to
sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ and select OT995_4.0.4-FR - the folder you copied to your SD card in step 2. After you
restore your Alcatel OT-995 from the OT995_4.0.4-FR folder you should reboot your phone and have an Alcatel OT-995
mobile phone running Android 4.0.4 ICS.
The Alcatel OT-995 comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread but can be
upgraded to version 4.0.4 ICS.
Upgrade your Alcatel One Touch 995 to Android 4.0.4 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) in just few
This is a step by step guide which will help you upgrade the firmware of your Alcatel phone.
All necessary files and software included.
Upgrade Your Android Alcatel One Touch OT-995 Smartphone: